Mela 4.6 update ships with 3 new distortion modules: Clipper, Degrader and Rectifier
The Mela 4.6 update introduces 3 new digital distortion modules to help you add some dirt and filth to your sound. The Clipper module offers a selection of clip distortion algorithms, the Degrader module distorts the signal by reducing its sample rate and bit depth and the Rectifier module introduces asymmetric digital distortion to the signal.
Check out the Explore Mela’s Digital Distortion Modules: Clipper, Degrader and Rectifier video as well as the Changelog for the full details about this Mela update.
Mela 4 Changelog
This update introduces 3 new digital distortion modules to help you add some dirt and filth to your sound.
- The Clipper module offers the following selection of clip distortion algorithms: Soft, Hard, Fold and Wrap.
- Its Drive parameter sets the amount of gain applied to the input signal. The Volume module can be inserted pre and post Clipper to control the signal gain further.
- The Degrader module distorts the signal by reducing its sample rate and bit depth.
- Its Clock and Bits parameters control the sample rate and bit depth of the output signal.
- The Mix parameter sets the effect dry/wet mix amount.
- The Rectifier module introduces asymmetric digital distortion to the signal.
- The Rectify parameter sets the amount of asymmetry introduced to the negative portion of the signal.
- At 50%, the effect is equivalent to half-wave and at 100%, full-wave rectification.
- The DC Offset parameter sets the amount of DC offset added to the signal. This can be especially useful when a Rectifier module is followed by another non-linear processor.
- All 3 modules have a graph that displays how a sinusoid with a unity amplitude would be transformed by its module given the parameters. Drag it horizontally or vertically to adjust the module parameters. Double-tap the graph to reset the parameters to their default values.
- Fixed the DC Blocker module’s graph view incorrectly showing twice the actual DC offset value.
- Added presets showcasing new features.
To learn more about Mela, check out the Getting Started document, Changelog, FAQ or What’s New in Mela? YouTube playlist. To report bugs or make feature requests visit the Mela Feedback site. For other support queries directly get in touch.
Grab Mela 4 from the App Store.