Mela 3.9 Update — Many Improvements in MIDI Modules, Added MIDI Buses
The Arpeggiator module now includes a Retrig parameter, which restarts the arpeggiator pattern on the first note-on. The Rate parameter has been replaced with the new Sync and Offset parameters, which work in alignment with other modules.
The LFO module has introduced the Tilt parameter for the Triangle and Square waveforms, which allows the Triangle waveform to morph into the Ramp Down and Ramp Up waveform. It sets the pulse-width amount for the Square waveform.
MIDI Buses have been added to the Mela MIDI plug-in, enabling the routing of MIDI messages between lanes, in addition to the external MIDI I/O.
Mela 3.9 Changelog
- Added the Retrig parameter, when enabled the arpeggiator pattern restarts on the first note-on.
- The new Sync and Offset parameters replaced Arpeggiator’s Rate parameter. This aligns with how the other modules work.
- The Sync parameter allows you to set the Arpeggiator’s timing in powers of 2.
- The Offset parameter allows you to make the Arpeggiator rate triplet or dotted, or anything in the 50-200% range.
- Modulate these parameters to achieve interesting results.
- Renamed the Length parameter to Gate to reduce confusion about its functionality.
- Added the Tilt parameter to the LFO module for the Triangle and Square waveforms.
- When Tilt is at -100% and +100% the Triangle morphs into the Ramp Down and Ramp Up waveform.
- For the Square, the Tilt parameter sets the pulse-width amount.
- Creatively modulate it to generate even more interesting and weird LFO shapes.
Other MIDI Module Improvements:
- Now it’s easier to set the sync’s Offset parameter to triplet and dotted values. In the following modules, Arpeggiator, LFO, Note Echo, Note Length, Random and Strummer, you can tap on the Offset parameter’s label and select either the Triplet or Dotted item from the pop-up menu.
- Improved the design of MIDI modules’ on/off toggle.
- Fixed Note Length module causing stuck notes when a note-off event would fall beyond the host’s loop end beat position, while the looping was enabled.
- Fixed Note Echo module sometimes erroneously accumulating notes to repeat when the host has looping enabled.
- Set a maximum number (32) of notes Note Echo will track for repeating.
- Added MIDI Buses to the Mela MIDI plug-in.
- In addition to having external MIDI I/O now you can route MIDI messages between lanes.
- Fixed checkmarks not showing for selected items in the PopUpList on macOS.
- In Settings, the Audio Engine section now also displays which type of Mela plug-in is loaded by the host: Instrument, Audio Effect or MIDI Effect. Double tapping it will show aumu, aufx or aumi respectively.
- Improved plug-in’s beat position synchronisation with the host.
- Added new presets.
- Updated the User Guide.
To learn more check out the User Guide or Mela FAQ. To report bugs or make feature requests visit the Mela Feedback site.
Grab Mela 3 from the App Store.