Mela 3.8 Update — New Strummer Module, Improved LFO & Random Modules
Mela MIDI has added the Strummer module to its collection of modules. This module allows you to customise the strumming pattern and sync the timing of strums to the host’s tempo or specify it in milliseconds.
The LFO and Random modules have also received updates with the addition of the Waveform parameter in the LFO module and the Retrig and Phase parameters in both modules. The Retrig parameter, when enabled, resets the modulator signal to its start value on a note-on event.
Mela 3.8 Changelog
Mela MIDI Modules:
- Repositioned the module toolbar as a vertical bar on the left side of the module, freeing up vertical space for improved parameter control layouts.
- Tapping on the sidebar of a module collapses or expands it.
- The LFO and Random modules now feature a segmented control that clearly indicates which page, Modulator or Targets, is being displayed.
- Added the ability to insert a new module in front of another using the actions menu of the latter.
- The modules are now grouped into categories to make it easier to find the desired one for insertion. The categories are Processor, Modulator and Utility.
- Added the Strummer module to Mela MIDI.
- The timing of strums can be synced to the host’s tempo or be specified in milliseconds.
- The module allows you to customise the strumming pattern.
LFO & Random Modules:
- Added the Waveform parameter to the LFO module, offering the options of Sine, Triangle and Square.
- Added the Retrig parameter to both the LFO and Random modules. When enabled, the modulator signal resets to its start value on a note-on event.
- Added the Phase parameter to both the LFO and Random modules.
- Updated the Depth parameter in both the LFO and Random modules to default to 50%. This allows you to quickly make the signal unipolar by setting Bias to 100%.
- Updated the algorithm in the LFO and Random modules so that the Bias amount is applied before Depth, allowing the Depth parameter to control the amplitude of the modulator signal when it is unipolar (Bias = 100%).
- Added the ability for a double tap on the oscilloscopes of the LFO and Random modules to reset the Rate/Offset and Depth parameters to their default values.
- Updated the interaction with the LFO and Random modules to allow you to adjust the Depth (rather than Bias) parameter by dragging the oscilloscope vertically.
- Renamed the “Standalone Mode” section in Settings to “Audio Engine”.
- The section now also displays the sample rate used by Mela.
- The tempo field is now also visible in Mela plug-ins but is in read-only mode as the tempo is provided by the host.
- Both the sample rate and tempo information can be useful for troubleshooting potential mismatches between the plug-in and host.
- Optimised and improved the internal engine of the Mela MIDI plug-in.
- Added presets showcasing new features.
- Updated the User Guide.
To learn more check out the User Guide or Mela FAQ. To report bugs or make feature requests visit the Mela Feedback site.
Grab Mela 3 from the App Store.