Mela 1.9 update: free running oscillators, Mod Matrix Intensity parameters as targets and more enhancements
The Mela 1.9 update is packed with many small improvements, leading to even better user experience.
Mela 1.9 Release Notes
- Oscillators can now be made free running by preventing them to retrigger on key press. Simply toggle on the Free parameter switch.
- Added the ability to modulate Mod Matrix Intensity parameters in both Mela and Mela FX audio units.
- Improved the Key source behaviour. Instead of generating only positive values relative to the C-2 key, Mela now produces a bipolar signal relative to C3. This means, when playing C3 note there will be no modulation applied to the target.
- The factory presets have been updated to account for the above change. You may need to adjust your own presets as well, in case they sound a bit different because of the new Key source behaviour.
- Improved how LFOs work internally: including the code efficiency as well as how they sync with the host.
- Improved LFO waveform generation algorithms: including fixing the square waveforms not generating accurately.
- Added smoothing to Mod Wheel, Aftertouch and Pitch Bend. This prevents any zipper sounds when they are used as modulation sources.
- An error dialog will be presented when trying to load a preset that was created using a newer version of Mela.
- An error dialog will be presented when trying to load a corrupted preset file.
- Improved Mela FX’s Default and Init presets.
- Fixed iOS 14 compatibility issues.
- Updated User Guide.
Grab the update from the App Store.