In addition to Trash 2, iZotope announces new metering plug-in suite - Insight. This is exciting. I love good metering plug-ins. Most built-in metering in DAWs are really bad. Logic Pro ones are a complete joke. Insight looks very promising. And although Ozone plug-in suite has a lot of metering built into it, I’m no longer fan of Ozone. Ozone 4 had a nice clean interface, but Ozone 5 UI is too busy and the new 3D buttons look ugly as. So it’s nice to have a standalone metering plug-in. The most interesting feature has to be the loudness history graph module. And one thing I wish it had is an oscilloscope module. Here is the full list of features:
- Immediately detect potential mix problems through real-time visual monitoring and color-coded alerts.
- Ensure your audio is fully compliant with current loudness standards with forward-thinking tools that adhere to standards like BS.1770-1/2/3.
- Perform deep and flexible analysis with zoomable meters and the ability to route audio from any tracks or buses to Insight.
- Design your ideal metering plug-in by choosing the meters you want to view, customizing them, and resizing the Insight window to fit your current workflow.
- Get an extensive suite of metering tools in a single plug-in, including true-peak level meters, loudness meters, loudness history graph, stereo vectorscope, surround meter, 2D/3D spectrogram, and spectrum analyzer.
Ozone Advanced users will get Insight for free.