Recently Easy MIDI user asked me how to send MIDI messages from Easy MIDI to PreSonus's Studio One. I thought I'd post step-by-step guide here so the other users can benefit too. Note that, most other DAWs (e.g. GarageBand & Logic Pro) don't require any special configuration, as by default they listen to all incoming MIDI messages from all MIDI drivers.
This is how you configure PreSonus Studio One:
- Launch Easy MIDI.
- Launch Studio One.
- Open Studio One's Preferences and click on External Devices tab.
- Press Add… button, Add Device window will open.
- From the list (on the left side) select New Keyboard.
- You can change the devices name to Easy MIDI by typing into the Device Name field.
- From the Receive From drop down list pick Easy MIDI driver. You don't need to set Send To.
- Press OK to close the Add Device window.
- Press OK again to close the Preferences window.